Wednesday, May 27, 2009

. . . its the unexpected things that bring a smile to your face. . .

Last night, I was riding the bus home after work. It was dark outside, and my iPod kept giving me the sad face and didn't want to cooperate with me, so I had to turn my attention to something else to keep me entertained for the half an hour ride. As I was thinking to myself about things, one of the other passengers phones went off. I looked up to see where the noise was coming from- turns out it was from a passenger who had been sitting hunched over with his head down since he had boarded. When he checked his phone, however, a soft smile came across his face and it continued to grow as he responded to a text message.



This same thing has happened to me at least 3 times since Friday, and I thought it would be good to finally update my blog and share my happiness.


The first bit of unexpected happiness was on Saturday when me and Ryan pulled into the driveway in Glenwood and saw Trenton and Manda's car. It was totally unexpected; I was told they were going to be in Colorado for the weekend, and it made me happy to see that they had come down to Glenwood.




Later that night, after we had spent a few hours playing Uno Attack, Brandon stopped me in the kitchen and gave me a huge hug! Probably one of the best ones I've had in the last 7 weeks. It definitely made me smile. Just what I needed really.








Then today, I checked the mail before I got on the bus to head to work, and I got a most awesome letter from my friend Adam! He's on his mission in South Dakota, currently in North Dakota. He sent me some awesome pictures of his P-Day adventures (to the Canadian Border even!) and a family he got to baptize. It was so good, and it brought a smile to my face at the beginning of another long day.


He's a good kid! He even drew me a picture of himself!! Now I just need to buckle down and write him a letter back.



Thats the beginning of my happiness for the week. I love it when little things like that happen and make you smile. Life is good!



Oh yeah!! Another little thing that made me smile was a new announcement from Rivers! haha.

Weezer are going to release their very own Snuggie blanket, which they're calling a "Wuggie," and have been working on a new album."A Wuggie is basically exactly like a Snuggie, except it says Weezer on it," frontman Rivers Cuomo told Rollingstone.com about the proposed sleeved blanket. "The people at Snuggie are doing it with us and promoting it with us. It's a totally legit Snuggie."

0 comments: