Sunday, March 9, 2008

". . . Another Pleasant Valley Sunday . . ."

Today has been an awesome day. It did have a rough start, but overall, it turned out to be amazing.

I had to get up this morning at 8 so I would be ready to go to BYC at 9, but it really felt like I was getting up at 7 and I went to bed at like 1 so it was a beast, but I got up and went to BYC. It was kind of bittersweet, it was my last one because I'm being replaced. Its all good though, we don't really accomplish too much there (at least, I don't.).

After the meeting got out, I went home, and I swear I experienced one of the funniest moments of my life. I had some cereal for breakfast, and my dad was like, "Is Tommy ready?" so I went to go check on him. I got to his doorway and he was on his compy, so I asked him, "Hey Bucko! Are ya ready to go?" He didn't really answer, he held up his hand as if to gesture to give him a second, and then the funniest thing happened.

He let out a sneeze, which was followed by the all classic, "Crap."

I nearly busted a gut laughing. He got up and he showed me his tie, covered in whatever came out of his nose, and then he asked me if I could tell something happened. I continued laughing and told him to change his tie. It was seriously, so, so funny.

After that I had to calm down and go to church, which wasn't bad at all, Stahlie sat by me in Sacrament Meeting again and we had fun drawing pictures. I had a blast in Sunday School with Melanie and Emily because we're just pretty much cool like that. This funness continued into YW and we were all having a party the entire time. Ahhh, I love days like that when I can just laugh and have a good time and nobody chews me out. Mainly it was because Nan was the teacher and she's cool like that.

After church, I went home and started the rolls in the oven because we were going to the Singletons for dinner, and it was our job to bring the rolls. While they were in the oven, the phone rang, and I totally expected it to be the Singletons asking where we were, but it was none other than by brother Trent!

He asked for my mom, but she was at a ward conference in Koosharem, so he asked to talk to my dad. I didn't think of it much, but when I heard my dads responses to whatever he was saying, I was in shock. "How'd you manage that? . . . Did they put it in a cast? . . . Why did you pass out? . . . Are you on crutches?" Basically I was like, what the face? As soon as my dad got off the phone, I was like, what happened? Apparently Trent was in the bathroom this morning and he passed out, knocked his ankle against the toilet or the tub, and fractured the little bone right above your ankle. Oh man, where did that come from??? It kinda made me laugh, and Manda said she laughed at it too. I don't know what we're going to do with that kid. He sent us a pic and his ankle is HUGE. I'm sorry I can't show you.

Hahah, Anyway, after that we went to the Singletons and had a party there. Dinner was delicious, turkey and potatoes and rolls and mmmmm, then we played pool, and I tickle tourtured Stahlie, then we watched Nan's little brothers music videos. Then, it was time for choir, and me and Nan were having a party trying to figure out what we were singing. For shizzle.

After that I had a nap to try and catch up on my sleep, and I've been working on homework and scripture reading. Its been an exciting day to say the least. Hopefully this week will be as interesting with Region Jazz and State Speech. . . its gonna be interesting!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey well the address you gave me is blocked on my comp so maybe ill just have to come to your house for a sec one of these days okay ?! call me if you ever have time! FYi Nice blog its going good but you type lots haha but thats a GOOD thing!