Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Get Lost . . . In Saudi Arabia!

Tonight was Relief Society for my grand old ward in G-wood, and the people in charge invited a family who lived in Saudi Arabia for however many years to come and tell us about their experiences while they lived over there.

It was pretty sweet; the whole Cultural Hall was filled with souveniers and memorabilia from Saudi, and as a special treat, all the YW were invited to help put on a fashion show of all the dresses they collected while they were over there. Basically, they're amazing. As soon as I get pictures of us in the dresses, I'll post them. Me and Shelbs were twinners and totally worked it in our amazing dresses, I swear we could be on Project Runway or something. It was a party!

After we finished modeling, we got to eat some of the "authentic" cuisine and it was interesting. The main dish was this chicken/rice thing that was really good, except for the raisins that came along every once in a while. Then there was this "salad" that was so full of cilantro, it was worse than the stuff at Cafe Rio. . . not that I'm ever going to eat there again. . . Anyway, they had this pita bread that was DELICIOUS that I ate with olives and cheese, and then there was some hummice, and date bars, but dates don't appeal to me, and I had already had one, so I passed. The hummice was strange, so I didn't eat much of it, but I did try it! They also had this awesome juice that was like Zuko on Steroids! For shizzle!!!!

*Shelby promised me that she'd share the Zuko when Cory sends it home from the Dominican Republic. I'm pretty much stoked.*

So, funny note with the cheese, it was just regular cheddar cheese cut into slices, and we had been snacking on it before we had to go do our little fashion show, and after we were finished eating dinner, Shelby went and got a stack of like 5 pieces of cheese, took a bite and came up to me with crazy eyes and said, "I have cheeeeeeese!" and took another bite. I was trying so hard to hold in my laugh, it was so funny. Then Emily looked at her, got big eyes, and said, " Eww! That's gross; thats like 3 days servings of cheese!" and that just made me more hysterical. It was a good time.

Right as one of the guys was demonstrating how the Muslims prayed, I got sent to go pick up my brother from Study Sessions, so my night of fun was brought to a sad sad end. It was a blast to see what they had to say about Saudi Arabia, and I got some sweet pictures of me looking emo with all the make up they put on us for the fashion show. Enjoy these rare pictures. . . . then more people will call me Emo besides Justin! hahaha



Haha, thats the best emo pic I could do . . . I basically rock at life! (The necklace is compliments of Amy, from France!)



I'm so tempted to put some sort of emo lyric at the end of this post, but I won't. I think it'd be more entertaining to put something seriously funny, but alas, I'll put the lyric I've had on my mind all day.

" . . . Life is a Train, Filled with Pleasure, Filled with Pain; Hey Conductor, Take me Away! . . ."

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

HOW DO YOU ADD MUSIC TO YOUR BLOG?