Sunday, March 30, 2008

Week in Review

"I have a knack for telling you what’s inside my head
But only ‘cause you’re asking for it"


I absolutely love Maren Ord's music. Obviously she's not a super well known musician because I'm sure many of you are wondering who in the world she is. It really doesn't matter who she is, but I love her music, and that is where I got my opening quote. It's kind of the entire reason I even blog . . . hahaha so anyways, here we go for the past week.

I got my bed set up in my room on Tuesday, and now that I have a big obstacle in the middle of my room, it hasn't taken very long to fill it up with random belongings . . . simply said, my room at the moment is a mess. I'll hopefully have it cleaned up by this weekend when my family comes home, and then I'll post a picture. I enjoy how it has turned out this far, the only thing I'd change is my brown furniture. It doesn't exactly go along with the blue, green and white surroundings.

This last week has also brought crunch time of the completion of my Sterling Scholar portfolio, which is due tomorrow. I honestly don't believe it's worth it, but I had a good time doing it. I probably would have had more incentive to do it if I was more passionate about my selected area, but oh well. Interviews are to be held on April 8th, and then I really don't have to worry about anything else! That is such a good feeling, you have no idea. I have to admit though, my favorite part of the entire process has been getting my letters of recommendation from various people. My boss, Dallin, wrote a pretty decent one, then Benj wrote me an AMAZING one, to say the least, and Phil came through at the last minute to write me one that I hope will do wonders. I'm so glad they all were so willing to help. Lori and my mom looked over my portfolio Friday night and fixed everything to make it seem professional, and then Nan did a final look over earlier today, and it really is final. It feels so good to have it completed, finally.

Today was Ward Conference, and I loved it. The bishop, Pres. Burr and Pres. Monsen all spoke in Sacrament Meeting and the choir sang "How Great Thou Art". Sunday school wasn't anything super exciting, Brother Oldroyd subbed and we had a huge class, and he gave us the Easter lesson again. YM/YW however, was a combined lesson on dating, and it was probably one of the most long, boring, and pointless lessons I have ever been involved in. They had everyone write questions about dating on a paper and hand them in, and then attempted to answer them. It was basically like they hadn't prepared a lesson at all. Talk about Lame. Seriously. But, the good thing was that last night was the General YW Meeting (I got to go to it last year and be like half a football field away from Pres. Hinckley . . . most awesome thing ever!) and the talks were AMAZING. Not. Even. Kidding. I especially loved Pres. Eyring's talk, it was just amazing. Something I really needed to hear. Makes me even more eager for General Conference next weekend.

So yeah, thats basically my week, nothing too exciting happening, but thats how it usually is. This week should be fun though, I don't know why. Oh yeah! It's because theres a Math Competition at Snow on Tuesday, a possible jazz band concert at Snow that night, and State Jazz either Friday or Saturday. Then all, or most, or something like that, of my siblings are coming down for General Conference and thats sure to be a party, guaranteed!!! I'm pretty much stoked! Updates throughout the week, I promise!

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention it snowed today, and not just sprinkled, it let out a storm, we got at least a half an inch. Seriously. And April 1st is Tuesday . . . I don't think Spring is ever going to settle down to stay.

0 comments: