Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Day 4: Mississippi River, Mark Twain Riverboat, Carthage Jail

We were able to leave rainy Independence, Missouri this morning to go take an equally rainy ride on the Mark Twain Riverboat. Even though it was rainy and cold at the first, it was a good time, and me and Alan had an amazing time.



This is the place Trenton got married to a girl from Salina when he was on the trip, so I took it for entertainment purposes.

After we finished at Hannibal, we drove about an hour and a half to Carthage Jail, the location of the martyrdom of Joseph and Hyrum Smith, and it was so cool to be there.

I remembered being outside the house when I was little, but actually being in the jailhouse was a whole new experience, and it was really amazing to be in the exact place where the Prophet Joseph took his last breath,

and they even have the original door with the bullet hole that the bullet that killed Hyrum made. They don't allow pictures in the actual room off the martyrdom, but I got some cool ones of the outside window.

Other than that, we spent a lot of time on the bus, and we're now in Nauvoo, Illinois. We'll get to spend most of the day here tomorrow, so we had a meeting explaining the layout of the town. I'm very excited to go see the sights since its been so long since I've been out here. I want to get a nail ring that actually fits me! So, we're watching That's So Raven, and I'm heading to bed. I'll update you tomorrow!

0 comments: