Thursday, May 29, 2008

Day 6: Amish Experience

The title of this entry explains it all. That is seriously all that we did today, so this entry probably won't be nearly as long as the others so far. We drove for 2 hours to Shipshewana, PA, a little Amish town, and stopped to have some lunch and experience the Amish. Me, Manda, Cher, Austin, Alan and JD ended up going to a pizza place and having a Pepperoni and Bacon pizza that was pretty good.

When we ate our fill, we went to this Amish Shopping Center called Yoder's and I got some postcards and a sweet Peanuts coloring book with some crayons to keep me entertained. It's cool because they have regular parking, and then buggy parking. Thats all that I could get pictures of because the Amish don't like to have their pictures taken for religious purposes.
Getting back on the road wasn't a positive experience because we still had 4 more hours of driving through multiple states to get to our destination in Erie, PA. We stopped at a rest stop in Ohio, and it still amazes me how everything is so green out here.
When we finally arrived in Erie at our motel around 9pm local time, there was the coolest sunset, and I was lucky enough to get off the bus just in time to snap a picture of it.
Its hard to see, but that is Lake Erie underneath the sun. I thought it looked pretty sweet. our motel room is huge tonight, and even has a jetted tub, so we're going to go take a bubble bath and have a good time. Our motel is even attached to an indoor water park called Splash Lagoon with waterslides and everything. I was going to go swimming with the bag over my arm just to have a good time, but its just my luck that it was closed when we got here. Oh well, its probably a good thing I didn't risk it.

So thats our fun for today! I even watched National Treasure again! And I think I'm all caught up on my sleep. Tomorrow we're going to Palmyra for the next two days. Its going to be a party. I miss everyone back home in Utah! Email me or something so I know you're still alive!

0 comments: