Monday, May 5, 2008

Surgery Recovery Part 1

haha so I look pretty sad in this picture, but I'm not in nearly as much pain as i was when I first woke up in the recovery room. As for now, I'm on my percoset fix chillin at home. Tomorrow should be a fun day at school!!
Don't ask me what exactly these pictures are, because I really have no clue. All I know is they are the pictures Dr. Richards took with the scope when he was looking around. They say something at the bottom, but I can't decipher it.

This is the coolest picture, I think. It shows the pins he put in to hold everything together. Pretty intense stuff. I was told he did everything he possibly could have done to my arm short of amputate it, hehe, He trimmed the ligament like he did last year, then he pinned the bones together to hold things in place and finally heated the ligament to tighten the collagen and strengthen the ligament.

I go back up to see Dr. Richards in 2 weeks to get my stitches out, and I'm sure to have some more sweet pictures then. I'll be sure to keep you updated on whats going on!!!!

0 comments: