Saturday, June 7, 2008

Day 15: Travel Day, Winter Quarters, Rainstorms in Nebraska

Right now its pouring rain outside, so the internet is acting up and not letting me post any pictures, but I have loads to share.

Today we mostly drove, but we were able to stop in Omaha, Nebraska and see the Winter Quarters Visitors Center, Cemetery, and Temple.

We then drove to our hotel in Grand Island, Nebraska. When we got here, the weather was hot and muggy, but since then, the wind has blown in a HUGE storm. We were able to frolick in the rain after dinner, go puddle jumping, watch the lightning, and take loads of pictures since we'll be heading home tomorrow. There was an emergency alert that said to expect 1-3 inches of water within the next 3 hours, so this storm won't be letting up soon. Hopefully we'll be able to get out tomorrow morning. Here's some lyrics I think fit the current situation.

Tempted By The Storm
- Maren Ord

It happens everyday now
Walking out the door
It happens everyday now
Do I know what I do this for?

It happens everyday
I walk out of my place
Tempted by the storm
That’s always in front of my face
Do I know what I do this for?

I’ve lived in this for so long
How do I feel a change?
The storm, it beats against me
Every single day

But Jesus stands beside me
He’s holding me hand
The storm, it beats against me
But I know where I stand

It happens everyday
I walk out of my place
I’m tempted by the storm
That’s always in front of my face
Do I know?
Yes, I know
I know exactly what I do this for

But Jesus stands beside me
He’s holding my hand
The storm is pressed against me
But I know where I stand
Its bittersweet. Tomorrow is our last day, and I really can't wait to get home, but I still don't want to say goodbye to all of the Arizona kids. They're seriously the greatest! Tomorrow will most definitely be a sad day. We have at least 12 and a half hours of driving, plus rest stops, meal stops, and whatever else that might take up more time. Basically it means I have lots of time to sleep. I don't know if I'll be able to survive without my 5 hour nap everyday after this. Oh well, it will be worth it to be home.

Sorry again about the lack of pictures. They'll be coming later when the weather is cooperating with my efforts. See you soon!

0 comments: