Saturday, September 6, 2008

My First Weekend of College

Last night was super crazy. There was a big party at Helaman Halls, they called it the "blu-au" and it was super fun. They had blow up toys and grilled pineapple and it was way fun. I went up to the dance by the Wilk with a bunch of my friends on the floor and the craziest thing happened.

This guy came up to me and gave me a fake rose. He was wearing glasses, an earpiece, and a black shirt. Before he gave me the rose he asked me if I was a BYU Student. When I said yes, he gave me the rose, told me to keep it visible and someone would come and tell me what to do in about a half an hour. Half an hour later, a kid in a t-shirt and a baseball hat came up to me and told me to take someone I trust and go to the back of Brigham Square.

There were a few other people back there so I took a girl from my floor named Patria and we were really curious as to what was going on. In about 15 minutes there was a huge group of probably 100 people waiting, and they took us over to the JFSB courtyard. The guy who took us there had no idea what was going on, he said he just was told to take us there. Then another guy in black came in and said we were supposed to be in front of the building.

When we went out front, there were people filming us with bandana's over their faces, and there was a cop car there to keep us in front of the building. Then there was a blinding light on top of the building shining down on us; someone had a projector and was putting a message down on the cement for us to read. All I saw was the word "stadium" and everyone else started screaming and running away. Of course we followed the crowd because we didn't want to be left behind, and we ended up a the baseball stadium.

When we got there all the lights were off except for a few black lights, and they took us out on the field and had us line up around the bases. They were playing really creepy music and me and Patria were starting to really freak out and wonder what was going on. There were still people filming us and we had absolutely no idea what was going on. Then, a voice came over the loudspeaker that started to laugh. It was like "hahaha thanks for being part of our prank. you guys came here for nothing" It was seriously one of the lamest nights of my life, but also one of the most exciting all at the same time.

Then, this morning the craziest thing happens! At the dance last night I danced once with this guy named Daniel. I talked with him during the one song, but other than that I didn't say anything to him and I most definitely didn't give him any of my information other than my name.

He calls me this morning and asks me how the whole rose debacle turned out, so I told him the story, and then he was like, "I'm sure you're wondering how I got your phone number because you didn't give it to me last night." and I was like, "Yeah, I'm just a little curious." Then he told me that he found me on stalker.net *CREEPY!*. He said it was because he knew I lived in the same building as Morgan, who is my roommate actually, and even though he got her number last night he must have put it in his phone wrong because when he called it this morning a guy texted him back and said it wasn't the person he was looking for. So thats when he looked me up, called me, and we found out he put in the wrong last digit of Morgan's number. As soon as he got off the phone with me he called her, and now they have a date tonight for mini-golfing. Crazy stuff. Apparently he's only been home off his mission for 4 weeks, and its unbelievable.

So thats my story of my first weekend of college, exciting I know. . . haha thats what happens here at BYU. Go Cougars!

2 comments:

T-rent said...

creepy creepy newly returned missionary on the prowl for a freshman wife.....tell her to steer clear!!!!!!!!!!!


He's looking for a wife......she should hang with freshman and actually enjoy her first year at school....besides, in a year or two you'll fully realize what a creep guys like that are!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Janell R. Cropper said...

yeah, that newly returned missionary is pretty creepy. And already desperate checking ou stalker.net....ca-razy. I'm glad you're alive though!