Friday, March 21, 2008

Spring Break! Part 1

Spring Break started Tuesday after school, and I can honestly say this has been the most entertaining Spring Break I can remember.

Tuesday was the State Math at SUU, and it was a party with JD, Alex, Alan, Sam, Heidi, Courtney, Kyle, and everyone else that went down there. "BAM" was the key word of the day, and after Alex bought a home made loaf of bread with strawberry jelly and butter, we had all the pizza we could eat, and waited for the prize drawings. With our fake names like Stephen Kuella, and Katrina Stamos, we believe that fate was against us, and we didn't win anything, but Mr. Johnson won the camera for the faculty, so it was worth it. The entire way home, I was reading the chapters in Tale of Two Cities that I hadn't read yet so I could take the test for AP English and pull a decent grade in that class. When I went up to Mrs. Teeples room to take the test, she asked me to go into her house and check on the meat she had cooking for the Fathers and Sons banquet that night. After I finished the test (Which I aced, by the way) I went to her house, and walked in, expecting to see nobody, but her husband was right there in the kitchen and it freaked me out. The meat wasn't cooked at all, and as it turns out, none of th rest of the meet was cooked at all either, so I actually helped figure out a problem for my mom and Mrs. Teeples, it was a good time.

The rest of the night I spent cleaning up my room, getting it ready for the new carpet we were expecting to get within the next 2 weeks. The next day, however, would prove to be more exciting.

We left home at 5AM Wednesday morning because Trenton was scheduled to go in for surgery at 7 that morning. We got to the Surgical Center right when Trent and Manda were checking in and we chilled with them until he got called back. After an hour, I had to leave with my mom to go to my Physical Therapy appointment, which ended up being my last time going to see Mr. Bagley. I go see Dr. Richards on Tuesday, and we'll see how things turn out after that.

When we made it back to the Surgical Center, Trenton was just waking up in the Recovery Room, so Tommy and Manda were back with him. A few minutes later, Trent was out on a wheelchair ready to go home. We followed Manda back to his apartment and chilled there for the rest of the day. It was crazy. Trenton is soooooo loopy on drugs; I don't know if it was the anesthetic or the percocet, but he's insane. He made sure to tell us how much he loved us and how much he appreciated us, and he kept asking us if he was annoying us. He just always had a lot of random things to say too, and it was really funny. He started shaking a few times, and that was scary, but he came out of it after we fed him some food. My mom brought us Wendy's and he loved his Frosty (I had to spoon feed him). He still got loopy whenever his latest dosage of percocet kicked in, and it was funny. Thats how it was for the rest of the day Wednesday and Thursday. Tommy helped him after he crab walked to the bathroom, and my mom helped clean him up. I found him another sweet pair of soft shorts, and we had a good time. It was sad when we had to leave.

While we were at Trent's house, me and Tommy had Guitar Hero play-offs, and it was a blast. Brandon played with us a little, and Justin brought some intense game when he stopped by. Wednesday night Brandon took us over to his house and we played RockBand, which I enjoy way more than Guitar Hero, for shizzle. I did pretty good at the drums, on easy of course, and Tommy played guitar while Julie sang. It was a party. I really can't wait to move up there this fall.

Anyways, thats the main part of my excitement thats happened so far this Spring Break. I went to breakfast with JD and Emily this morning, and we had the best biscuits and gravy anywhere, found only at JR Munchies. Bueno yum yum! When I got home, the guys were here putting in carpet, so that will be done in a few hours. Here are some pictures of them putting down the padding. Its crazy, we stayed up until 12:30 last night pulling up carpet and padding and staples for this! I hope its worth it!

Stay tuned for Part 2!

0 comments: