Sunday, May 4, 2008

Jazz vx. Rockets Game 6

Thursday night when I got home from work, my mom asked what my plans were for Friday night. I told her nothing really, probably just chill at home, and then she asked me "how about going to the Jazz game?" I was stoked! They already got tickets and it was going to be a party!

When I called Brandon Friday morning to verify the plan of him picking up me and Tommy, he freaked me out and said he didn't get the tickets he had bid on, and had to make sure he got some other ones. Once he checked his email, everything was clear and he got the tickets, and we were good to go.

We stopped at Sonic for some dinner, and before we had even left Provo, I was the only one in the car without having something spilled on me, and if that was any way of showing how the game was going to go, it was going to be messy. When we got to Salt Lake and found some parking, we started walking toward EnergySolutions Arena. We finally met up with everyone, and just as we finished crossing the road to the arena, one of the "Event Security" people said Trent couldn't take his pole into the arena. Brandon hid it somewhere, and we all went in. Brandon had got 4 tickets together, two singles in the same area, and Sara had got 2 other tickets together. When we figured out where we were sitting (the very top row, not even in the stadium seats, in fold out chairs above that) My mom, dad, Julie and myself were on the side of the court these pictures were taken, and Brandon, Tommy, Sara, Trent, and Manda were all on the opposite side.

The Jazz kept their decent 20-ish point lead clear through the 2nd quarter until the Rockets rallied to make their lead only by 4 at the half. It was kind of scary to have the lead be that low, but in the second half, the Jazz worked it and ended the game with a 113-91 win. It was awesome!

The first picture is of the teams warming up before the game, and the second one is after we won! It was sooooo awesome. Right after half time, Brandon came over to sit with Julie, and we cheered it to the max, trash talking McGrady and Mutumbo. It was awesome and I was so happy I got to go! The game didn't get over until 11:30, and we didn't end up getting home until 2:30, but it was so worth it! It definitely made up for not doing so hot at the Band Festival. It was a great birthday present for Tommy, Graduation present for me, Trent, Manda, and Brandon, and a great way to kick off my last weekend of using my wrist at semi full capability.

Here's to cheering on the Jazz to victory over the Lakers!!!! Go Jazz Go! Deron Fence!

0 comments: