Sunday, June 15, 2008

One Week Later -- Back to Normal

So, I've been back from the CHT for one week now, and today was completely full of memories and the norm. Trent and Manda were down all weekend after going to the Manti Pageant on Friday night, so we went on the Marysvale Bike Trail yesterday and had a blast. Ryan showed up to church this morning for whatever random reason he came down for.

He was lucky enough to come on the day I was chosen to speak in Sacrament Meeting about the trip, and basically I got to cover everything anyone else had missed. Everyone said I did a great job, but I cried through most of it and I felt like I was reading one of our Debate cases. I guess the Spirit touched a lot of people because they said I did a really good job, so thats what counts.

When we got home, Trenton and Tommy helped make the, literally, meatiest meal I've had in a long time. We had delicious, perfect, fall off the bone tender, pork ribs, and they marinated a bunch of steaks, then there was the dutch oven potatoes, and all the fruit you could eat. It was amazing, definitely a tribute to a wonderful father for Father's Day.
I love this guy. He's the greatest, funniest, coolest dad on the planet. Guaranteed. We've been through our troubles, but it was all worth it to find out how amazingly incredible he is. I'm so lucky to have him for a dad.

After dinner we had a Duck Hunt Tournament, then I worked on the baby quilt I'm making for my nephew who is due to arrive in about a month. I'm super excited for him, and super sad I'll be missing the baby shower on Tuesday.

I finished sewing the quilt all together when JD B., JD S., and Matt had shown up for our traditional Sunday Walk. After saying goodbye to Trent, Manda, Ryan, and my parents, Tommy joined us and we went on our walk, and picked up Melanie and her cousin Kelsie on the way. We walked all over town and it was a good time, until Tommy had his usual downer. Then we got back to my house, and after talking on the lawn for a while, I went and grabbed my camera out of the house. When I came back out, everyone was playing leapfrog, so I snapped a random picture and scared everyone real bad. It was super funny.
After I took that first picture, someone had the genius idea to jump off our rock wall and get some sweet pictures, so I'll leave them with you. It was so much fun, and then my mom called curfew on us. Talk about lame, but its alright. It'll keep us excited for next week.

It took some tries to get the timing right. . .














And the camera positioned correctly. . .















But in the end, we had a blast. It was so worth it!!


























































































Then, right when Mom called curfew on us, Melanie had an accident, and I looked like I got electrocuted (JD B said I looked like Nan. . . .). Then we had to say good night. . . :)




















3 comments:

Melanie Puefua said...

OH GREAT DAY!

Melanie Puefua said...

p.s. that last one is from melanie. lol

Anonymous said...

you should post my birthday pic sometime